Monday, April 16, 2012

The last 2 weeks... April 1, 8

The last two weeks were uneventful as for events but had legs regarding mileage. In both cases, I ended up near Knoxville, Tennessee. The first week, I had 18 stops, the second; 10 stops both throughout NY, OH, IN, KY. Sort of dull and uninteresting. Weather got progressively better the further south I got. Trees started leafing and fields (grassy ones) got greener. I even saw a freshly cut field of hay in Kentucky. Birds and bugs became out. In one case, again in southern Kentucky, I was on the Louie B. Nunn-Cumberland Parkway (look it up on Google maps) following at a considerable distance (like a 1/2 mile or so) a car ahead when all of a sudden, brake lights. There is nothing in front of this car so I'm wondering "what the heck...?" This lasts only a few seconds and the car continues on. Until I get to the point where the car was. A hail storm of bugs... big ones, too. All I can see is eraser tip size bugs coming at my windscreen. Can't see what they are though. SPLAT! SPLAT! on and on for about 5 - 10 seconds (@ 65 mph) Wipers are on, windshield juice to the max. At my next fuel stop, I found hundreds of wasps covering the front grill. Birds are really aware of trucks and fly at the truck as I pull up to the fuel pumps, cleaning the grill of the days/roads bounty. Sort of gross but nature takes care of its' own.

1 comment:

  1. Cool how the birds cleaned the grille! Keep the updates rolling (pun intended). xxoo

    ReplyDelete